January is over (barely), and truthfully I’m not sure I feel the same way everyone else does about the past month! I’ve seen so many memes about how it was a long month for everyone, and while it was for me it also wasn’t.
In January we had some big wins including my husband coming home from a 4 month long deployment and finally starting treatment for Emma’s hemangioma.
I mostly stayed on top of my goals and still feel pretty good all around. I’m really looking forward to this month, though, as it’s a little bit of a busier month between family visiting this weekend for several days and then preparing for a March launch for Coded Creative.
But before I get too ahead of myself, let’s recap January!
January Monthly Goals:
– Write goals post: Done! If you missed my goals for this year, you can read that here.
– Add birthdays to calendar: I tend to be forgetful with things, especially stuff like this, so I wanted to get birthdays added as part of my “love others well” goal this year so I can send little gifts. I got almost everyone I wanted added, and I’m hoping to get the rest of them added this month.
– Schedule Emma’s doctor’s appointment: This was just a to do that I needed to get done sooner rather than later. It got done, and it ended up going really well!
– Audience surveys: Done! This goal was for the Coded Creative and Get Back to Design brands. Before diving into too much content creation for those brands this year I really wanted to see what those audiences needed help with. The CC survey went better than the other, but it’s partially because I offered a gift card for one survey taker.
– Run Facebook ads: Done! This is pretty straight forward, but I ran ads to a CC blog post with the goal to introduce more people to the brand before launching a new line of products in March.
– Read (at least) 1 book: Done! I actually ended up reading two books The Other Woman and The Widow.
January Weekly + Daily Goals:
My big things as far as weekly were to schedule content and meal plan. I didn’t end up publishing any content over on Coded Creative, and ultimately decided I wanted to wait to post anything. I’ll dive back in this month.
Daily goals were to take my One Second Everyday and post to Instagram Stories. Neither were perfect, but both were consistent enough that I’m happy with the progress.
February Monthly Goals:
– Send Galentine’s Day treats: This is part of my “love others well” goal. I don’t want to spoil the surprise here, so that’s all I’m saying :)
– Publish February goal post: Working on that one right now! I want to keep sharing more lifestyle content on this blog, so at the very least I want to get this post published this month.
– Work on the new product line for Coded Creative: I’m really excited about this! I’ll be adding brand new templates to the shop next month. I’ve got a lot to do for that launch, but I’m pumped for it.
– Read (at least) 1 book: I’m not totally sure what I’m going to start reading yet. I’ve been in a funk for a week since I didn’t love the last two books I read. I have a goal to read 24 books this year, though, so I’m hoping to get back to it and knock out at least one this month.
– Get taxes done: Pretty self-explanatory.
– Move email list to MailerLite: This is a big goal, and truthfully sort of frustrating for me. I keep going back and forth over the years with this brand, and I just spent a LOT of time getting things setup with my current email marketing provider when I relaunched the new design back in October. However, I haven’t sent out an email in a while, and I just no longer feel like I really need the heftiness of that provider, so I’m moving to ML, which is what I use for Coded Creative and Get Back to Design.
February Weekly Goals:
– Write + schedule Blog / Newsletter / Instagram for Coded Creative
– Go for a walk (as long as the weather’s nice)
– Meal plan
– Run the roomba / general clean up
February Daily Goals:
– One Second Everyday
– IG Stories
There you have it! That’s what I’m working on this month. If you share your own monthly goals post, feel free to send me a link! I’d love to help hold you accountable :)