Happy July, friends! I’m so excited for a new month. The past couple of months things have felt so good in business and personally, and it’s so refreshing. Not to say that I’m used to being down in the dumps, but just recognizing that it’s hit me several times that life is so good right now.
I feel like I have so many ideas and good goals for the next coming months, and it’s exciting to feel so good about work especially. For the past couple of years it’s been around this time that things start slowing down and I’ve second guessed a lot of what I do, but this year just feels different. I’m not sure why it feels different, but I’m very grateful that it does!
Just a quick recap on last month: I did pretty well on almost everything. June was the first month in a while that I’ve done so well on my daily goals, which is inspiring me for my new daily goals this month. I didn’t completely finish my marketing plan, but I have a plan through September! We also made some progress on our bathroom renovation, which I hope to be sharing more about next week.
But, what about July? Well, here are this month’s goals!
– Update Emma’s baby book
– Schedule Emma’s August doctor appointments: We have a 9-month check-up as well as a check-up at her dermatologist for the hemangioma. I’m really happy that my husband will finally be able to come with me to the dermatologist appointment since he missed those earlier this year. We’ve been at the doctor recently for some tummy troubles, but she seems to be doing a lot better now. It’ll be interesting to see how much she grows in the next month, though!
– Read a book: Here’s something mildly depressing – I haven’t read a book since the beginning of the year. Once I came back from maternity leave work started taking up nap times. I’ve found myself at night just sort of unsure what I want to do before going to bed, and I think it’s time to start reading again. I’m not going to put a lot of pressure on myself here, but I’d like to at least make a decent dent in one book.
– Move forward with bathroom renovations: We’ve pretty much picked out everything we want to replace in the bathroom, and we’ve purchased the Bath Fitter. We have a consultation with someone from Lowes next week, so now it’s just a matter of keeping up the momentum so we actually follow through with doing all of this.
– Launch Wow Your Clients workshop: I’m so excited about this! More details to come in a few days, so if you’re a designer check back on Thursday!!
– Start Square Design Guild’s Summer Mastermind: It’s been a little bit since I signed up for anything, but I’m really excited about this one! I’m actually taking it with Katie, and I’m really looking forward to getting a peek into someone else’s website design process to see how I can improve my own.
– Write content for Coded Creative (July) and GBTD (August): Last month I got ahead with the podcast content, and I’ve been slacking hard with Coded Creative. We’re hoping to sit down and create a fresh marketing plan for it for the rest of the year soon, so I’m hoping this will give me the boost I need to get going with it again.
– Book 1 client: I only have 2 spots left in my schedule for big design projects or the rest of the year. If you’re thinking about doing a rebrand or getting a new website design, now’s the time to inquire ;)
– Journal to Emma
– Post to Instagram: At least 2x per week, and I’m also trying to get better about posting more consistently to Instagram stories
– Publish a blog post: I have so many ideas for content, so I’m saying at least 1x per week, but I’m thinking July is going to look more like 2x per week.
– 1 Second Everyday
– Daily Affirmation: I’m getting in with the woo again you guys! I’m feeling so good about how positive I’ve been lately, so I want to keep it going with this.
– Evening Gratitude: I downloaded an app a while back to record gratitude, and I want to get better about using it. I’m hoping that between both the affirmations and gratitude it’ll slowly guide me back to my 5 Minute Journal, but we’ll see.
Whew! I feel like July is packed, but I’m excited!! What are you working on this month?