Happy June! I literally can’t believe that half the year is already (almost) over. I feel like I blinked in January and then it was March, and then I blinked in April and now it’s June. As crazy as it is to me that time is going by so fast, I’m also excited. We have no more long distance traveling on our schedule, which means aside from work we have the freedom to just relax and go with the flow.
I mentioned this on Instagram, but I actually never filled out my PowerSheets for May. Between a whirlwind of a last few weeks of April after my husband came home from his deployment to getting ready to go to Tennessee and then being out of town for 2 weeks, I just never made it a priority. I still managed to get some things done like updating my Services page, creating a new Info PDF, and a few other little things.
However, I’m getting back on track for this month, so I figured I’d share my goals with you guys. So, let’s get to it!
– Update Emma’s baby book
– Create content for GBTD for June / July. I’ve fallen behind on getting this done a month in advance, and since we’ve changed our schedule to releasing new episodes every other week, it should be pretty easy to get ahead now.
– Work through Flourish (again) + create new marketing plan. If you’ve been following my monthly goal posts, you’ll know that I worked through this in January, but things got crazy around here and I let my marketing plan slide. I want to create a plan for the second half of the year, so I’m going to just work through it again. If you’re in need of help with your marketing, I definitely recommend checking out this workshop. Amber really breaks down all areas of marketing, and makes it easy to understand and plan for. If you join, let me know! I’d be happy to create a small Slack team for those of us working through it together!
– Research bathroom upgrades. Since we’ve moved in, we knew that our hallway / guest / Emma’s bathroom was going to need some love before we were able to sell the house in a few years. We need to nail down exactly what we want to do, the style of the renovations, and the cost. I think my husband is wanting to tackle this while he’s home this summer, so it’s time to do our research.
– Finish setting up retirement account. Does everyone have a retirement account except me? That’s what it feels like sometimes. For a couple years we’ve been talking about getting one set up for me, and we finally pulled the trigger at the end of last month. By the time this post is live everything should be done, but I made it a monthly goal so I would actually make sure that it was taken care of completely.
– Journal to Emma. I’m really sad to say that I missed the whole month of May on this one, so I’m really hoping to get back on track this month.
– Post to Instagram. Self-explanatory, but I’m trying to be intentional with this one.
– Publish a blog post. Again, self-explanatory. I just want to keep this space active regardless of what the post is about because I have sooo many ideas I want to write about for you guys, but I get sidetracked and end up don’t writing for weeks at a time.
– 1 Second Everyday. I’ve had so much fun going back and looking at these, but I really need to get better at doing it daily.
– Instagram stories. I’m actually not trying to do this 7 days / week, but I want to be more consistent here, so I’m hoping setting it as a daily goal will keep me posting regularly.
I’d love to hear what your goals are for the month! Feel free to share them here or over on my most recent post on Instagram!