I can’t believe that it’s already March, you guys!! This year seems to be just flying by. Last month was my first official month back to work, though I’ll admit it was full of mostly just admin work and small projects. This month I’ll start my first big client project since going on maternity leave, and we’re also finally heading back to Tennessee to visit with family, so it’s a bit month around here.
My progress in February is a lot of hit or miss. Not necessarily as successful as January, but I’m still happy with the progress that I’ve made. So without further ado, let’s get to it!
FEBRUARY MONTHLY GOALS:
– Update Emma’s baby book for month 3: Done!
– Start getting stuff together for taxes: Done! I actually managed to get it all together and sent off. Yay!
– Get active in 1 Facebook group: Okay, let’s talk about this one. At the beginning of the month / end of January, I feel like I did a pretty good job at this. However, as the days went on, I started feeling less like it was going to really benefit my business to be active in other Facebook groups. So I focused more on Instagram stories and trying to slowly get my own Facebook group active again.
– Reach out to past clients about how I can support them in 2018: Done!
– Finish 2 books: Half done. I only finished one. Since I started working again my time to read has shifted, but I still want this to be a priority this year.
– Start working through Fruitful Friendships: Done! I’m up to page 16.
– Create March content for CC + GBTD: Half done. For some reason I procrastinated on the 1 piece of content I was responsible for with GBTD, and while I could have pushed through and finished it last night, I decided it wouldn’t hurt to push that one to this month!
– Start working through Branding with Bre: Done! I wasn’t thinking I’d go through the entire course, but I finished it entirely last month. I really, really enjoyed this course. Registration is closed now, but if you’re a designer trying to organize your branding process, this is a great class.
FEBRUARY WEEKLY GOALS:
– Write to Emma at least 1x per week: Done 3/5. I accidentally missed a few weeks due to just general craziness and then my husband being home.
– Publish new blog posts here at least 1x per week: Done! So excited that I’ve been able to keep this up!
– Post to Instagram at least 3x per week: Done 2/5, but I was posting at least twice a week. I want to sit down and try to curate a few weeks of photos because that’s the main thing that’s keeping me from posting, but I’m so picky that this is a struggle.
FEBRUARY DAILY GOALS:
– Participate in Facebook group: Talked about this before, but not done.
– 48 oz of water: I did pretty horrible on this, but choosing grace and moving this to March as well.
– Time to read: Did okay, enough to finish 1 book.
– 1 Second Everyday: Best daily goal participation by far on this one!
March Monthly Goals:
– Update Emma’s baby book
– Create plan for following up with past clients: I don’t think I’ve ever done this until last month when I reached out to past clients about working together this year. That’s pretty unfortunate, so I want to work on setting up a workflow in Dubsado or at least setting a reminder to follow up with clients once we’re done working together.
– Make progress (or finish) Fruitful Friendships: I’m really excited to work through this more. I’m trying to get better about reaching out to new people and building friendships, so I’m looking forward to how the rest of the guide can help with that.
– Create content for GBTD + CC for April: Self explanatory, but I’m trying to stay one month ahead on that content. I have more to create for April than I did for March, so it’s really important to stay on top of this one so I don’t get overwhelmed in April.
– Start working through Follower to Fan Society: Does anyone follower Tyler J. McCall? I started following him recently, and I decided to join his membership to get some ideas on how to boost Instagram. Registration on this is closed, but I’ll let you guys know my thoughts on it once I get started in case you’re interested in joining the next time it opens.
– Read 1 book: Since I’ve already started several books, this hopefully shouldn’t be too difficult.
March Weekly goals:
– Journal to Emma at least 1x per week
– Post to Instagram at least 3x per week
– Send email to list 1x per week
– Publish blog post at least 1x per week
March Daily Goals:
– 1 second everyday
– 48 ounces of water
Alright! That’s it for me. What are you working on this month? Share one of your goals in the comments below!