Let me just get the usual out of the way: how the heck is it already October? I can’t believe that this year is going by so fast, but I’m honestly okay that this time of year is finally upon us. I love Fall, I love October because it holds my birthday, Halloween, and as of last year our anniversary. The cooler weather of October means open windows, sugar and spice candles, Halloween decorations, oh, and football, which I’m actually beginning to love.
September flew by in a flash, but I’ll say that it treated us really well. We got to go home for a week (well, D was back here in SC for 4 of those days). I’ve found myself knee deep in a new hobby that I absolutely love. We got to go explore Folly Beach, which we adored, and most of all we’re just starting to settle into our new routine since D has started his final part of training. It’s definitely taking some adjusting, but Zoey makes it easier!
But enough about that! Let’s take a look at last month’s goals –
SHARE A NEW IDEA ON AN EMAIL ECOURSE– Done! I shared my idea for Kickstart Your List a few weeks back. I haven’t been so great on marketing this idea, but I still feel good about it. If you missed the post, KYL will be a 4-week email course to help you set up, create a plan and grow your email list in just one month.
- KEEP RUNNING REGULARLY AFTER VACATION – Not done. This is a bummer. I really wanted to keep things going with being active, but I naturally fell off once we got back. I’m still walking Zoey 5 days a week, so I’m not considering it a total lost cause.
TRY TO GET AHEAD ON BLOGGING– Somewhat done! I’ve been feeling weird about blogging over the last couple of weeks. I feel like being unplugged for the vacation made me really open my eyes when we got back. I feel like there’s a lot of noise online right now, and I’ve been working on developing my calendar with more authentic and intentional posts. MAKE MORE TIME FOR NON-WORK ACTIVITIES– Done! This past month I’ve kept working on my Project Life albums. I’m really loving this hobby so, so much. I’ve built up quite the collection of supplies, and now my problem is I just need to be taking more pictures. It’s hard because we only really do things on the weekend, but alas I’m making it work.
And just like that, there’s September. As I said before, the month flew by, but I still feel like I got a lot done. So now, what am I working on for October?
- Do fall things – This means going to a pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, etc. I also found a recipe for a copycat version of Starbucks’ pumpkin bread, which I am 100% obsessed with, so I want to try to make it as well. Fall is probably my favorite season, so I guess I just want to make sure we’re fully enjoying it!
- Read more – I’m not going to set a numerical goal for this month, but I would like to read more than I did over the last few months. I’m currently reading Dear Daughter (so far, so good) and I have Mindy Kaling’s new book, Why Not Me, also on my Kindle. I’m hoping to make more time for reading when I don’t have Project Life spreads to work on.
- Add recent projects to portfolio – Just like any other freelancer / small business owner, when so many other things are going on I forget to regularly update my portfolio. I went in and changed some things a few months ago and added several recent projects, but I have a few more recent projects that need to be added.
- Plan for the blog + email list – As hard as it is to believe, we’re in the last three months of the year. I have no idea what direction I’m going to go in for next year, but I’d like to do some planning on topics and such for the remainder of the year on both of these. I have several running lists of ideas, and my goal is to combine them, add more ideas, and create a calendar to help finish the year out. We’ll see how well that goes!
There you have it! It took me a while to figure out what I want to work on this month after doing so many different things over the summer. Here’s to hoping this month goes as well as the last!
What are you working on this month? I’d love to hear in the comments or on Twitter!