Oh my gosh, friends! September! How the heck did that happen?! August was such a blur. I don’t even feel like I can remember anything that happened; the month felt so long yet so short. I mean really – it was just four weeks ago when we went to the beach? But we’re already right on top of our trip home? Whew!
There is good news that came with August, though, and that is that we’re staying here in SC for D’s last portion of training. We’ve been up in the air for the last month, and we could have stayed here or been sent to NY. While our good friends here are heading up north, we’re just thankful to stay as close as we can to our families and not have to worry about packing and moving just yet.
Anyway, let’s dive into looking at last month –
- Set Up + potentially run a free mini email challenge on organization – Not done. I’m not sure where I stand with this. As the month went on, I liked the idea less and less. Even though I love sharing my processes and what not, I can’t decide if this is worth the time it would take to do it, even though I know it doesn’t have to be a big deal. Maybe it’ll come back around after the first of the year – we’ll see.
- Participate in a 30 day push up challenge with local spouses – Half done. I got through about half the month and then forgot to the my push ups for the day so I ended up just giving up. I also ended up leaving the Facebook group I had joined because (surprise!) it turned into a few ladies trying to sell their Beachbody stuff. I don’t hate them for trying to sell, but with all the other groups I’m part of – I don’t need another one adding to the marketing mayhem.
Create a plan for PS members who want new match ups– Done! I’m so excited to have created a new plan for the existing members who want to keep participating. It actually warms my heart that people love snail mail so much that they want more than one partner. PS members: you guys are cool! Go sight see one new place in the area– Done! I touched on this in the last currently post. We went to a new restaurant and Isle of Palms early in the month, and I’m so happy we did. There are so any awesome beaches here, and I’m thrilled that we get to stay here for a few more months so we can hopefully check out a few more spots before the weather cools down too much.
Okay, so as far as my goals go August wasn’t amazing, but that’s okay. As I’ve said about one million times this past week, the last half of August was nuts, so I’m just happy I made it through. I’m also really excited that I got back into doing my Project Life scrapbook (seen in the photo above) after not touching it for a few months. I’ve had so much fun putting new spreads together, so I’m excited to keep doing that over the next couple of months.
And now let’s look at this month –
- Share a new idea on an email ecourse – I’ve had a half baked idea for an email ecourse since last year, and last month I started actually getting some things together and get excited about it. Before I even shared the idea with y’all I changed my mind on what the focus would be. I’m planning on sharing the idea with y’all next week, and I’m really excited about it!
- Keep running regularly after vacation – I remember exactly how my fitness stuff went last year after vacation. I stopped doing stuff after I came to see D those few times. I want to be better at that this year, so I’m really going to focus on getting back into the routine of running once we get back home from our vacation.
- Try to get ahead on blogging – Okay, I tried this in July, but I’m really hoping this month will be a little different. If you guys show a lot of interest in the course I know I’m going to need some time to write the content and what not, so I’m hoping to at least get a good idea of what I want to write over the next month and a half. We’ll see!
- Make more time for non-work activities – So last month I spent some time really finding what worked for me hobby wise, and I really enjoyed spending more time doing things that weren’t work. So, since I really fell in love with doing Project Life, I’m really looking forward to keeping that going this month!
There y’all have it! I think September is going to be a great month!
What are you working on this month? I’d love to hear in the comments!