August is here! We’re in the final months of summer, and I couldn’t be happier. I don’t mind summer, but I was thinking about all the amazing things of fall (warm chai lattes, candles, open windows, fallen leaves, Halloween) and I got really excited about the coming months even though things are kind of crazy up in the air for us right now. To keep from being overcome with thoughts and panic over what may come, I’m sitting back and focusing on the things we can control! That’s all you can do, right?
Let’s take a look at how last month went, shall we?
FINISH + LAUNCH CRAFT YOUR BRAND– Done! I could not be any happier that this baby came to life. I’m so, so happy with it, and I’m thrilled for everyone who’s getting their hands on a copy. This is seriously the most comprehensive branding guide for bloggers that’s out there, so if you haven’t already – feel free to grab you copy here! START WORKING ON AFFILIATE PROGRAM FOR CYB– Done! I still need to create some graphics for my affiliates, but I’ve settled on a commission rate and launched to a few peers + the buyers of the book!
- GET AHEAD WITH BLOG POSTS – Not done, unfortunately. I had this big plan to get ahead, but things got crazy with CYB and then half the month was over. I know I’m just sputtering excuses, but I also was managing Postmark Society. Hopefully I’ll be able to get ahead this month.
WALK / JOG A TOTAL OF 60+ MILES– Done! I did a total of 61.22 miles walking / jogging last month! Thank goodness we got a treadmill because if not, I would have missed it since I couldn’t see for like a week thanks to a corneal abrasion. For those days, I was just jumping on the treadmill to get moving instead of trying to walk Zoey half blind.
I’m pretty happy with last month, if for no other reason than CYB was launched! I’m so thrilled to see that my activity has been maintained as well, though. So what about this month?
- Set Up + potentially run a free mini email challenge on organization – I mentioned something about doing this on Instagram last week, and several people seemed interested. I’ve been committed to reworking my offline client management as well as cleaning up things digitally, so I thought it would be fun to to a little email challenge so others can get a peek into how I do things and work on their own organization. I’ll keep y’all updated on when / if this is happening.
- Participate in a 30 day push up challenge with local spouses – Sometime last month I joined a fitness accountability group on Facebook for the military spouses in the area. They’re so awesome. I love posting on social media when I’m done with a run I’m proud of, but I like having the group that I can write to every day without feeling pressured by the masses online to hurry up and shut up about the workout I did that no one cares about. (Just a note: I think we should be more supportive and helpful for people getting fit!) They’re doing a few 30 day challenges this month – push ups, squats, abs. I decided to go for the push ups since I have very limited upper body strength. I’m confident I can get this done!
- Create a plan for PS members who want new match ups – Nothing makes me feel better than people really being into something like a handful of PS members who want to keep getting new matches and write more letters. That’s seriously so amazing. Since I’m the sole person running PS now, I’m not doing the big six month rematch Christie and I originally thought of last month, so I’m determined to create a plan for those who still want it.
- Go sight see one new place in the area – Remember when I said things were up in the air for us? Well, things are legit crazy. I don’t want to go into too many details, but put simply it’s like this: D graduates the second of his three school / training programs next month. After that, everyone is split up for the last program and they’re either sent to a place in New York or they stay here. We’re praying, praying, praying that we stay here for many reasons, but we’re trying to stay comfortable with the fact that we need to be ready for anything. Because there’s a possibility we could be leaving, I’m determined to see at least one of the handful of places that I still want to visit around here. It’s going to be hard this month as D’s schedule is super busy, but we’ll figure something out!
Okay, August, I’m ready for ya! How did your goals for July go? What are y’all working on this month?