Holy smokes – another month has come and gone. I have to say what I always mention in these posts, and it’s that I literally cannot believe that it’s already July. We’re still settling into the house (even though we’ve got about a year left here), and it still feels like we just moved in, even six months later. The good news, though, is that since last month I’ve started to get used to the heat, so Zoey and I have gone back to walking every day, which is nice!
Okay, so let’s look at how I did on last month’s goals. I’m pretty proud of how I did!
- DO YOGA THREE TIMES A WEEK – Not done, but I don’t feel terrible about it. I did about 10 days of yoga in a row, but I had been doing it before bed and I stopped because I was too tired or didn’t want to stay up too much later to get it done. I’m totally okay with this, though, because like I said Zoey and I have been walking almost every day for about three weeks now.
GET CURTAINS FOR THE LIVING / DINING ROOM– Done, finally! I’m so happy to finally have this done. We had a fiasco with doing this as we got curtains that were too short, so then we had to order longer ones, which meant we had to move the spot for the curtain rod. However, so happy to not have to deal with such a bad glare on the TV when we’re trying to watch our shows in the late afternoon. PITCH 1-2 GUEST POSTS– Done! I’m stoked about the attention the Craft Your Brand ebook is getting from these posts. I shared 5 things you should do for your brand this summer on The Blog Market, one important question to ask when branding yourself on The Haute Notes, and then there’s one more coming in the next few days! I actually thought it would be difficult to come up with post ideas, but when relating it to the CYB launch it was super easy. SET A LAUNCH DATE FOR CRAFT YOUR BRAND– Done! When I set this goal I had an idea of when I wanted to launch the book, but setting the goal definitely made me finally get serious about launching this. There’s something about not having an official date that can keep you in this idea of “I’ll do it later” indefinitely.
Well – there you have it! Like I said, I’m pretty happy with how I did, especially that I’ve been walking nearly everyday. There are always mornings I wake up not feeling like doing it (like this morning), but when I get going it’s totally worth it. Okay, so enough about that – what about this month
- Finish + launch Craft Your Brand – I’ve been working on the book a little bit every day this week, and I’m getting very excited about it all over again. I know it’s going to be incredibly helpful for bloggers, especially those who struggle to grow their readership or take their blog to the next level.
- Start working on affiliate program for CYB – In the last year I’ve participated in a few different affiliate programs, and I absolutely love it. It’s such a fun way to promote something you’d already be talking about while making a few extra bucks. Because I know I have a lot of peers who don’t actually need CYB but their readers might, I decided to do an affiliate program. I want to get all of it nailed down before the launch!
- Get ahead with blog posts – There’s nothing more I love than being ahead on things – blog posts, work, etc. I love having something done ahead of time so I don’t have to worry about it. However, I also tend to be a procrastinator. Since I’m taking a few days (for the most part) off this weekend, I’m going to try to use some of the time to get ahead with writing and scheduling blog posts.
- Walk / jog a total of 60+ miles – Whew! Since we’ve been walking nearly every day, this shouldn’t be too difficult. I’ve already been sneaking in some jogging here and there, so I’m not really worried about that. We average 2 miles a day, so I’m confident I can pull this off – even with the holiday weekend!
There you have it! Not a lot of personal stuff that I want to work on this month, mostly because I’ve got so much stuff going on with the CYB launch, that I can’t even think about what we want to accomplish this month.
Anyway – what are you working on this month? I’d love to hear and help hold you accountable on your goals!