Anyone else still confused as to how it’s May already? April went by fast, and I’ll be honest – I didn’t accomplish two of my goals. Like, at all. I think without even realizing it these past few months I’ve been focusing more on what matters most than trying to accomplish all the things with business. It’s funny because while I do, obviously, still care about growing my business, at the end of the day I care more about being happy and spending time with the hubs.
I feel like I could say so many things about shifting the mindset to looking at things outside of business in this way, but I’ll leave them for another time! Instead, here’s how I did last month
Walk 3-5 miles a week with Zoey– Done! All but 1 week we managed this, and that 1 week was so crummy outside it wasn’t even worth it to go walking. She’s still really enjoying walking (she gets so excited when I go upstairs to change and then grab my shoes), and I’m excited to try to keep this up even as the temperatures warm up.
- Finish + Launch Craft Your Brand – Not done. I did some minor writing on this last month, but not enough to finish it. I’ve had the outline done for a while, and I’m wondering if this should be an ebook instead of the new opt-in freebie. It’s got me doing more thinking than writing, but ideally I’d finish this in the next few months and get it launched regardless of what it is.
Write at least 5 letters– Almost done! I actually wrote 4. I had such a blast writing little notes and then dropping them in the mail. It’s definitely making me want to get a new pen pal or two! Anyone interested?
- Outline my next ebook – Not done. I didn’t even think about the ebook last month. I’m sure it’ll come around at some point. I considered doing InfoBoMo to help me get it done, but I decided it just wasn’t worth the headache I knew it would cause trying to rush through it in a month.
See? I hardly worked on these goals. The things I was doing last month seemed like it was mostly offline, like enjoying Daredevil with the hubs or walking with Zoey. The thing is – I’m totally okay with it. On to this month’s goals, though:
- Read 5 books – I already finished To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, so I’m down to 4! I have several books that I’ve purchased that I want to try to read, or at least 1-2 of them. If I finish all five I’ll be one out for my goal of 30 books for this year. How crazy!
- Record Better Blogging class – I was really happy with the interest in my classes these last few months. I’ve noticed that the biggest hangup keeping people from being able to take the class is that they aren’t available during the class time. I’d love to get this and the social media class recorded so that I can make them available for people who aren’t available during the evenings to take them.
- Create an editorial calendar for my email list – Although I only write to my list once a week, I definitely need to get a calendar set up for it. I’ve slowed down in writing to them, as I don’t feel like I have as many ideas as I once had. It’s a little harder because I write content that I don’t publish elsewhere, but I’m certain if I sit down and start scheduling some ideas, it’ll definitely help me get back on top of consistently writing.
- Find a local hair stylist + get hair trimmed / possible color touch up – Okay, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve had my hair done, since December in fact. I need to find a local stylist and at least get my hair trimmed, but it might be time to have the blonde I have in my hair touched up – I honestly have no idea, ha! I love that since my hair has grown out I can put it up in a bun easier, but I liked my hair shorter, so here’s to trying to get back there!
And – there y’all have it! Let me know what you’re working on this month in the comments, and let’s hold each other accountable!