Happy 2015, friends! I can’t believe that 2014 is over already, but as I’ve been saying all week, I’m sooo excited for this year! Something is telling me this is going to be a great year. I can just feel it! In case I didn’t mention it anywhere, I’m (obvs) bringing this series into this year to make my third year of keeping track of goals. I love sharing these more personal types of posts with y’all, and it’s always fun to chat about what we’re all working on! Anyway, let’s recap last month…
Launch Brand Catalyst (tomorrow!)– Done! I’ll be brutally honest with y’all, this launch with nothing like I had hoped or planned. It’s not getting me down though, I’ve been working on figuring out what didn’t work how I thought it would and what I can do better. I’m also considering how I can rescale this course into something other than a full, live ecourse for y’all. We’ll see how that goes! Make a master list of what needs to go to SC / Pack / Move– Done! This went so well! It was mostly a breeze, although I did wait until the day before I left to start packing. Once we got everything moved into the new house it was all about waiting for furniture to arrive and getting things settled. We’ve still got some more stuff to move in once we get back this weekend, but I’m happy with how this went!
- Finish the remainder of my current projects – Done, almost! I had 2 projects that just could not be finished the last week I was working. They were big, and the work wouldn’t have been as great if I had rushed it. So, those two clients and I agreed to restart their projects this month. I’m a tiny bit disappointed that I didn’t finish everything, but I’d much rather be proud of what I’ve done than rather than just happy that they were finished.
Don’t work one single day after the 20th– Done! I did do a tiiiny bit of work on the 21st, but I’m not even considering that a lot since it didn’t take long. I have been hopping on and off the computer in down time to work on the new site designs and write these blog posts. I love having the free time to do those types of things without worrying about other projects. It’s also been nice to just relax without seeing a to do list when I close my eyes!
Not too shabby! I’m really pleased with how December went, although I feel like it just went by far to quickly. I can’t believe Christmas has come and gone or that D and I actually lived in our house for 7 whole days (ha!) last month. Wow! Now for this month:
- Finish getting (mostly) settled in the house – As I mentioned above, we’re taking another carload of stuff back over to the house with us as we go back this weekend. There’s some furniture, like the dining room table, that we know we’re probably going to put off for a little while. However, I would love to get more settled in the house this month. To me that’s all about finding a place for everything, putting up some decor pieces, and actually fill the kitchen with groceries.
- Book out clients for February – I had loads of luck booking out for this month. I’ve got several projects in the books, and I’m so excited about all of them. My goal with work is to start having at least 2-3 clients booked for the month ahead. I’m not sure how this will work, but we’ll see! So, if you need new branding or a new blog design, let’s chat!
- Read at least two books – I looove reading! It’s something that I used to do a lot of in middle and high school. However, as classes got busier and there were other things to read, I stopped reading for fun. I got four books for Christmas this year, and then picked up another that I’d been wanting a few days ago, so I’m hoping having these hanging around will encourage me to start picking books back up more often. I mean, really, what better way to unwind after a long day?
- Tally final 2014 income and expenses – I haven’t done this since I’ve been busy hanging out with my parents and D’s family. I have a pretty good idea of where I ended 2014, but I’ve got a little bit I need to tally. I’m feeling nervous and like I just don’t know enough for taxes (still), so I want to get this done and get everything together well ahead of April just in case something comes up!
Whew! There you have it! I had one more goal for this month, but after looking at this, I’m feeling like these might be a tiny bit of a handful. We’ll see though! I’m confident with the new year and new month that I can do it!
Okay, so what about you? What are your goals for this month? Share them in the comments and let’s hold each other accountable!