Holy smokes! It’s already August, which means we’re not too terribly far from fall. I can’t believe that July went by so fast, but I suppose picking up several projects will do that to ya! I feel pretty good about last month’s goals, so let’s just dive in:
D’s graduation– This was amazing. Seriously, I had the best time traveling and getting to see new things and hang out after being apart for two freaking months. It was topped off with last minute news that we got an extra day with him than we were expecting, so that was even better. It was sad seeing him off at the airport, but I’ll be heading to South Carolina to visit him soon! Brainstorm a small, free email course– Done! I decided not to make it a course after all. At least not to start out with. Instead I’m going to make it an ebook that’s either for sale or free for newsletter subscribers. I’m reeeally hoping that this month is the month I can make things happen around here. We’ll see.
- Actually read – Nope. Didn’t happen. Before D’s graduation I spent a lot of time wrapping up projects, and after we got back I spent a lot of time picking up new clients. I also got really into 24, so in my down time I’ve been watching it instead of reading. I’m okay with it.
Buy a new Mac– Sooo happy to say that I did this one. That four year old MBP was done for. I saved up all my money and grabbed a Macbook Air the week before D’s graduation, and I’m so happy I did. I got some upgrades on it, and I’m happy I did. Not only was it super easy to travel with ( yes, I took it with when we went to Chicago ), but it’s also about a million times faster than my Pro was when I ditched it.
All in all, not too bad. Actually, I thought it was a great month. I can’t put into words how amazing all this was, and on top of that I had my best month in business ( ever ) doubling what had been my best month earlier this year. I feel SO good about things around here. So here’s what I’m planning for August:
- Work on our relationship + visit D – This sounds like it’s coming from a bad place, but trust me, it’s not! We’re entering a new part of our relationship ( that we’ve dabbled in a little before ) of living apart. Though it’s hard and he has ridiculously long days with school, I’m encouraged by it. I want to take the time to work on making things even better. I’m also excited that I’ll be visiting him around the end of the month. Can’t wait to see the beach! Just kidding, can’t wait to see D either! :)
- Work on a new opt in incentive for newsletter subscribers – Over a year ago I launched my email list and it wasn’t long after that when I started including the resource list as the incentive. I’m definitely ready to create something else and much better for you guys, but I haven’t worked on anything just yet. I’m challenging myself to do just that this month and hopefully launching it!
- Read The Desire Map – This book is sitting on my bookshelf, and I feel like it’s calling my name. With D having such long days at school, I’m left some nights with nothing to do ( thanks to planning + productivity ), so I want to use a few nights a week to finally read this book this month. I’ll definitely let y’all know how it goes.
- Practice yoga + meditation every day ( or most days ) – Two years ago I got really into practicing yoga, and when school started back I just didn’t have the energy to keep it up. A few days ago I started doing it again as well as meditating. I’ve been doing both in the morning and sometimes in the evening as well, and I have to say I’m really enjoying starting and ending my day in such a relaxing way. I’m not super great at yoga ( think: barely flexible at all ) so I’m challenging myself to do both of these things every day or at least most days of the week.
Wow! I would say that’s all for this month, but that feels like a lot. I know that with little goals each week I’ll definitely be able to do these things.
What about you? What are you working on for August? Share in the comments below and let’s hold each other accountable!