Well, here we are. Another month has come and gone, and it’s officially June. Well, it has been, but you get the point. I’m very ready to take on this month full storm and see just what all I can do this month. It’s still very strange to look back on last month and think of my senior show and now my senior year of school – come and gone. It’s also wild to think that D and I are now two weeks into our adventure with the Navy. I’m obviously getting very excited to see him graduate next month and spend a day ( or two ) in Chicago with him and his mom.. Anyway! Let’s get back to the point, ha! Reflecting on last month’s goals –
Spend the last weeks with D doing fun things– Done! We didn’t end up going to the zoo, but we did go see the new Spiderman movie and make the most of our last few weeks together.
- Guest posts /
personal posts– This one is half done. I didn’t end up taking any guest posts, but instead just embraced taking a day off here and there. I was very happy to share a few personal posts, though, like this, this, and this. Work smart– Definitely working well on this one! I signed up for Basecamp and started using it with a few different clients, and it’s definitely making things easier going through the projects. I’ve also got a streamlined printed sheet to help things move along as they should.
- Less processed food – Um… No, ha! D and I enjoyed ALL the processed foods last month as we ate more fast food / out than we usually did. However, I’m enjoying many more home cooked meals now that I’m home.
Evaluate things + get rid of the unnecessary– I can consider this one done as well. As I cleaned out our apartment last month, I got rid of SO much stuff. Think 6+ bags of trash went to the dumpster before I even moved home.
So with those, I’m pretty happy with how the month went. Considering all the changes that went on last month, I think I did amazing ( #humblebrag ). I’m hoping that I can continue those amazing things on to this month and beyond, and now on to this month’s goals –
- Write ALL the letters – I’ve read all about how the recruits at bootcamp enjoy getting letters every day, so I’m challenging myself to write every day, even when I feel like nothing important happened. So far, so good.
- Back to sharing tips on business and blogging ( if I have any to share, ha! ) – I started out the year sharing business tips, and had the plans to share blogging tips but never really got around to it. I loved writing those posts, so I want to get back to doing those this month.
- Evaluate contract + change if needed – I already had to do this late last month to adjust my Rights section, but I’m hoping to take another look at it this month. I know there are things that should be in there that aren’t, but I just need to find the right way to go about it. Now’s the time.
- Water – being home and away from D I have to admit I’ve gotten super lax on drinking water. Here I’ve been consuming ALL the coffee, chai lattes, sweet tea, and ginger ale ( for the tummy aches ). I’ve not had more than 48 oz of water since he left, and that just makes me cringe. I want to get back to drinking around half a gallon a day. I know it’s possible, so here goes nothing.
- Another digital + physical cleanse of things – I’m working my behind off to get a new Macbook this summer ( my goal, really, is to get one before D’s bootcamp graduation ), so the digital cleanse will make things so much easier when I do get a new computer. As for the physical – I’ve got stuff that needs to hit the trash or be donated, and summer is a great time to get that done.
So there we have it. D being gone is really encouraging me to work my behind off to get things done. I know he’ll be incredibly proud of me when he hears all that I’ve done ( and how it’s helped me stay not sad ), so I want to live up to that for him and myself.
What about you? What do your June goals look like?