Do you guys have an account on Pinterest? I do, and I swear the things I find are so inspiring and motivating. A few weeks ago I found this post. I wanted to do it, but I didn’t really need to so I never did. However, when we got the keys to the apartment I realized that both the key to my parents house and the apartment key looked exactly the same. Then, I remembered the DIY, and I decided to do it finally last night to my house key. Although it took a lot of patience, it’s finally done! It was super fun, and I wanted to share with you all. So below I have the materials I used and the steps. I left out the time it took between each step because I waited different times.
If you try this, I’d love to know how it works for you!
Clear nail polish
1. Clean top part of key where you’ll put the glitter.
2. Add the Modge Podge to the top part of one side.
3. Lay the key down, pour glitter on slowly.
4. Pick up key and shake off excess glitter.
5. Let dry.
6. Once dry, turn key over and repeat steps 2-5.
7. Paint coat of nail polish on one side at a time. (Note: I’ve done two coats on each side, and I think that might be enough. If you’re still experiencing glitter falling off when you hold the key you might need to add another coat of the nail polish.)
8. Use and enjoy!
I think this is a great thing for young females to do. Just remember if you will have to return the key (like an apartment key), it’s best to not do this. If you’re set on doing this, I would suggest you make a copy of the key and do it to the copy.