Last night I was feeling pretty good. I had gone to dinner with my parents, then we did some shopping. By the time they had gone to bed long after we had gotten home, I was still in a good mood. On the spur of the moment, I decided to make a list of good things that have happened to me so far in 2012. I was thinking that this would be a great thing for me to read over when I was feeling down, but honestly it felt great making it. I think that everyone should sit down and make a list like this at some point. Wether you’re making it for the week, month, or year, it’s a small yet great reminder that some amazing things have happened to you. I don’t have things like “Won the lottery” on my list because that never happened to me. I have basic things, things that I learned or things that I tried for the first time – things that I consider good.
I won’t share my whole list since some of it is personal, but here’s a few things that are on here:
– I became Editor In Chief of Inspirer Magazine
– I learned how to throw (ceramics), and I fell in love with it.
– I saw a hypnotist for the first time, and it was hilarious!
– I fell in love with yoga.
– I made all As my spring semester of school.
– I signed the lease for my very first apartment & first place with boyfriend.
– I tried frozen yogurt for the first time and loved it.
There are many more things that I could share, but that’s just an example of how simple some of the things are. They’re simple, yet they’re great. Even though I was already in a good mood, it made me even happier. It made me realize what a great year I’ve had.
I truly hope this inspires you to make your own list. If you do, feel free to share some of what you include.